Getting Goat kids

Hey good morning we are safe at home but pray for Utah hell of a earthquake 5.7
Do either any of you bake I make the best English muffins with a bit of cinnamon
in them if you want the recipe ..
Still another day of dry going on like day 4 of it our side of Washington west side of the mountains we get more rain but crap weather has been wacky so wet 80 days straight of rain
Please post the recipe..👍
Hopefully your weather Martins up!

I do bake mine about 15 minutes after browning on our cast iron griddle I do not like them at all doughy in the middle always seemed to happen if I only did them on the griddle
Ingredients
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 cup warm water (110 degrees
1/4 cup melted shortening
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tbls cinnamon

Directions

Warm the milk in a small saucepan or microwave until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Let cool until lukewarm. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the milk, yeast mixture, shortening 1 cup cornmeal and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add salt and rest of flour, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead. Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise.

Punch down. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut rounds with biscuit cutter, drinking glass, or empty tuna can. Parchment paper and set the rounds on this to rise. Cover and let rise 1/2 hour.

Brown on skillet medium heat then Bake for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an addition 10-15 minutes or until muffins springs back when touched in the center.
Remove the muffins from the pan immediately; place muffins on a wire rack to cool completely.

Loved the truck in the photo does it still run?
Actually, yes!! We have soooooo many antique trucks, you wouldn’t believe me up if I told you. We actually bought a movie theater to put them all in!! The few around the farm, are...not wo much, so, he tinkers on them from time to time, but doesn’t worry about rust. There’s a green one next to it that I like even better!

I'm really rethinking Tori? With the way the world is going I don't need anyone else to feed either..🙄😳
Yes, that is true. I have tons of bunnies to sell for Easter. A month ago I had to turn people away because I didn’t have enough. Now I’ve only sold two. I have more than 50 bunnies and four does are pregnant. I hope they all turn up false! I can’t afford to feed that many bunnies!! I understand your situation. Have you talked to your friend?

Yes, that is true. I have tons of bunnies to sell for Easter. A month ago I had to turn people away because I didn’t have enough. Now I’ve only sold two. I have more than 50 bunnies and four does are pregnant. I hope they all turn up false! I can’t afford to feed that many bunnies!! I understand your situation. Have you talked to your friend?
Yes..She feels the way I do..She might have to downsize her herd of goats too? I haven't fully decided against her though. Im just not sure?
Hopefully you can sell off more Bunnies soon..👍

I do bake mine about 15 minutes after browning on our cast iron griddle I do not like them at all doughy in the middle always seemed to happen if I only did them on the griddle
Ingredients
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 cup warm water (110 degrees
1/4 cup melted shortening
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tbls cinnamon

Directions

Warm the milk in a small saucepan or microwave until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Let cool until lukewarm. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the milk, yeast mixture, shortening 1 cup cornmeal and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add salt and rest of flour, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead. Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise.

Punch down. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut rounds with biscuit cutter, drinking glass, or empty tuna can. Parchment paper and set the rounds on this to rise. Cover and let rise 1/2 hour.

Brown on skillet medium heat then Bake for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an addition 10-15 minutes or until muffins springs back when touched in the center.
Remove the muffins from the pan immediately; place muffins on a wire rack to cool completely.
:drool:clap:woot

Yes..She feels the way I do..She might have to downsize her herd of goats too? I haven't fully decided against her though. Im just not sure?
Hopefully you can sell off more Bunnies soon..👍
Oh my gosh...downsizing goats?? How many does she have? I’m actually thinking of getting another one if I can find an alpine in the area for a good price. They are good milk producers. I get more than a gallon from Busty a day. I’d like to have more than one that produces that much since I’m investing in the licensing and insurance to sell. And, just bought the very expensive milk machine! Chris thinks I’m nuts...but, we could breed a new one now....and, then when I have to let Busty dry up, to get ready to kid again....I’ll still have milk!

i think this is a good time to buy, because people are getting rid...so prices are down..but, not everyone has the ability or good fortune to have the savings for a rainy day.....

Oh my gosh...downsizing goats?? How many does she have? I’m actually thinking of getting another one if I can find an alpine in the area for a good price. They are good milk producers. I get more than a gallon from Busty a day. I’d like to have more than one that produces that much since I’m investing in the licensing and insurance to sell. And, just bought the very expensive milk machine! Chris thinks I’m nuts...but, we could breed a new one now....and, then when I have to let Busty dry up, to get ready to kid again....I’ll still have milk!

i think this is a good time to buy, because people are getting rid...so prices are down..but, not everyone has the ability or good fortune to have the savings for a rainy day.....
If her husband gets laid off buying feed is not cheap. Feeding yourself is definitely more important. Only talk as this is only the beginning of the crisis.

If her husband gets laid off buying feed is not cheap. Feeding yourself is definitely more important. Only talk as this is only the beginning of the crisis.
With temperatures warming all goats can be maintained on pasture, which is cheap or free if you have the land.

Back
Top Bottom