This is Vincent:

vincent.jpg

This is Robert:

rob.jpg

robert.jpg

This is Grape:

grape1.jpg

grape2.jpg

And lastly, Lavender! (She didnt want her picture taken!)

laven.jpg

I would say Grape is best of the cockerels. Has nice beard started. Their color is very nice.

I really like Grape also. I donlt like the color if his wattles though. I prefer a darker mulberry. So Bamachicken, you would say Grapes the best cockeral?

Depends on what your trying to achieve. He seems to have better feathering on the legs and feet than the others which is a plus and since I don't do nonbearded silkies His beard would be + mark # 2. The others appear nonbearded from the pictures but you are there with them and see better than a picture can describe. There is nothing wrong with nonbearded silkies its just I don't mix the two genes if I can help as I am trying to achieve the heaviest bearding I can on mine. As you can see in this picture the boy has a heavy beard
003-4.jpg

Thank you. It takes time and effort to get your flock where you want them quality wise. I Have been working on mine for three yrs and silkies are slow to mature so it takes bit of time for the next generation. Best of Wishes in your endeavors.

Bama that is beautiful...My more developed blue(2 mo.s) is like that almost. My DD was laughing at him/her the other day because all you see is a ball of fur and a beak in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom