Getting my first flock.

Welcome to BYC! This is the place to be if you need help. Our first flock ships the same day as yours! If it makes you feel better, I've been wanting and planning this for almost ten years... And I am STILL nervous. ;)
I have all these questions and I am still second guessing what I have for the chicks. We contemplated keeping them in the house for 2 weeks. Now I have to wait until they arrive as when I looked at the site for the chicks I bought it says 4-6 week old. I think those two weeks will make a lot of difference. I have been reading and most say 6 week old chicks can go directly in the coop. I ha Keep me posted on your and I will do the same. ve wanted chickens for years, but this is the first time everything fell into place.

We bought a kit and it is together. We have four chicks coming the coop has 3 -12"x12" nest boxes. There is two roost in the coop and one in the run.
Just for your awareness, it is most likely that your coop it is going to be far too small for 4 chickens. Chickens need 4 sq ft per bird in the coop with about 10-12" of roosting space and 12-15 sq ft or more per bird in the run. I've never seen a pre-fab coop that offers that.

Back
Top Bottom