Getting new chicks tonight

You are all just enablers!

I am so glad I found this site - it has enabled me to take better care of my girls - but all those pics of gorgeous girls are hard temptations for an addict...

Naughty, This thread is worthless with out pics!!!!!!
lau.gif

Congrats!

P.S., it wont stop at 8!

I'm at 15 birds so far - but these are not to be named until I know what they are - they are named the "nuggets" until then ... hoping I got hens! I'll get pics tonight I Hope - it was too late last night

Did you just go for what appeared as eight girls? Knowing that there was probably a fella in there somewhere? Or did you pick a nice looking roo? And yeah, pictures are necessary!!! Any named yet?
big_smile.png

I love chicken math. We had 4, one was a roo and went back to the farm we got it at and we ended up bringing 2 home. so had 4, lost 1, added 2 for a total of 5
smile.png

This lady had a lot of them the same age - so I went for the smaller ones hoping they are hens - and the combs with no pink or red - and the darker ones for the barred rocks ...and the relatively submissive ones - but after we started catching them - they were all pretty hyper so it was hard to tell - but I've learned my lesson - no naming until they crow or lay eggs - cause I'll have to "man-up" as my dad says and have a special freezer boot camps for the roos... lol

I have 2 roos now and they were named - now I can't do the deed on my lb (lil bast*) roo and cant find him a home. Hoping that when I know what they are and havent made pets of them I can try some fresh chicken...

I took a pet carrier thinking I was only going to get the 4 - and it was late so I knew they would be roosting on the way home anyway. The lady figured out really quick that I would probably buy more if she had boxes - so she found some... lol I'm keeping her info - if I need more hens later - I'm going to contact her again - the coop was to die for!

Back
Top Bottom