Getting new incubator and turner, need your opinions!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perfectly_polish, Mar 4, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I've decieded it's about time my old incubator take a rest and I get a new one, and a new turner also. I'm thinking about getting this incubator https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=77 and this turner https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=79
    I had a question about the turner, I was thinking that in the future I may want to hatch quail and I saw this turner and it comes with both the universal egg racks for chickens/ducks and the quail racks, just the normal universal turner is $40 and this one is only $47 with both racks, so do you think it would be worth it, just to have the quail ones around just in case? I also wanted your thought on the type of incubator, I always used Hova-Bator but just the simple kind.

Thanks,
    Sophia

2. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    I actually started with another brand of incubator with its matching turner and that turner's motor overheated and died in less than two days. That motor got hot enough to produce a burn blister on my hand when I touched it. I wasn't going to take any risks with another one of those turners. That's when I decided to spend a little more for the Genesis with the turner.

The Genesis Hovabator 1588 has been a great product for me. So far, I love mine! I got mine with just the 1611 turner, but I just plan on hatching chickens for now. This incubator holds steady temps and humidity and the turner option is worth every penny.

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I know Miss Prissy recommends the 1588 and that is what I will get when I get one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by