Getting our first chicks.

Isairis

In the Brooder
May 17, 2016
We have decided to get three chicks, and I was wondering if anybody had any advice that would not be found in any informational books or websites.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

My answers:

1- Here. There are so many helpful, experienced folks on BYC and you have come to the right place.

2-If you haven't already done so, visit the Learning Center - there are so many great articles to help you get started.

3- Consider 4 or 5 - they are happier in flocks and a couple of extras will buffer any early losses.

4- Build your coop/run larger than the minimum if you want happy, healthy hens.

5- With a small flock, get your chicks from a source that sexes them to improve the chances of drawing gals and avoiding an unwanted roo.

:welcome   glad you have joined us.

My answers:

1- Here.  There are so many helpful, experienced folks on BYC and you have come to the right place.  

2-If you haven't already done so, visit the Learning Center - there are so many great articles to help you get started.

3- Consider 4 or 5 - they are happier in flocks and a couple of extras will buffer any early losses.

5- With a small flock, get your chicks from a source that sexes them to improve the chances of drawing gals and avoiding an unwanted roo.

Thank you so much! I will consider all of the above. Very helpful.

My answers:

1- Here.  There are so many helpful, experienced folks on BYC and you have come to the right place.  

Thank you so much! I will consider all of your advice. Very helpful.

My answers:

Thank you so much! I will consider all of the above. Very helpful.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already from Sunflour so I'll just say hello!
frow.gif

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom