Getting ready for growing season...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Feb 12, 2009.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I am sooo excited.. spring is really hitting me hard..

These warm days are causing me to bud...

I went out and got two grape plants.. a new netting for the chicken coop top, some asparagus roots.. I planted 5 fruit trees (3 apple 2 peach. ) already about 3 weeks ago.. we got the garden all plowed.. I replaced a confederate jasmine that had died.. to make the chicken area smell good... I have a broody hen.. got a ton of seeds in two of those jiffy 48 green house thingies.. and more pods in just a tray.. I have 30 strawberry plants going in soon..

I have a ton of seeds left waiting for round two...

I am totally into spring!! I have been spending time on theeasygarden sister site.. exchanging seeds with people.. I have some blueberry plants being sent to me. Been talking to someone about a passion fruit vine..

I am thrilled..

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I can't wait for spring! [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I can't wait either!
    We are moving in a month or so and have friends in our new town starting plants for us as the growing season is so short. I can't wait for garden fresh tomatoes and cucumbers again.

4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    YAY Spring!

Although for us it means more investment at a time when we don't have much money... I just spent $700 on seeds for our farm... ouch!

But it is such a wonderful feeling to go into the hoophouse (which is always nice and warm) and fill up flats and flats and flats of what will be this year's bounty... Here's to a summer full of tomatoes, squash, eggplant, peppers, deliciously fresh lettuces, and the like! Hope my customers like them [​IMG]

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:[​IMG]

I spent about $300 and thought that was a lot!

6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    WOW I have only spend like $35 [​IMG]

I am using a lot of last years seeds.. and doing some trading...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by