Sanford N.C.
The best way of getting rid of mosquitoes is Listerine, the original
medicinal type. The Dollar Store-type works, too. I was at a deck party

awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the

party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons

disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it

around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It

worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the

children's swing area, and the standing water nearby.

During the summer, I don't leave home without it.....Pass it on.

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors.

It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target

and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle,

too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of spray you buy that

doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of

days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray

around the frame. Spray around the window frames and even inside the dog

house if you have one. Also can be used to dab any bites you receive. It

will stop the itching quicker and go away faster.

I'll have to give this one a try. I was bitten at least 5 times while typing on the computer last night! They are maddening! LOL My family will no doubt wonder the minty-fresh smell is all about though! I'll just have to tell them I had some serious bad breath!
wink.png

-Kim

I will have to try that too.

We also use mosquito fish in our ponds. They can eat several hundred larvae each a day which really helps on the population. The best part is our local mosquito abatement delivers them to your backyard ponds for free.

As for the bite...I use heat (a wet and very hot washcloth) on the bite itself to release the histamine. It works everytime.

* Yeah, Listerine is good stuff-- I use the generic for all kinds of stuff-- kitchen disinfecting, sickroom, boo-boos, astringent for zits, hot & itchy feet, after gardening to clean under my nails!!

What happens if Listerine touches the door? Does it have any affect on chickens if they eat grass that has been sprayed? Okay...no minty fresh breath jokes!
frow.gif

We also have mosquito's the size of house flies !!haha! We have swamps all around us...
This past week when we were in the feed store checking out bug sprays for the horses my husband was talking to the owner and he recommended this stuff called"Mosquito barrier" ...its poison free.....its mainly garlic juice and you put it into a pump sprayer diluted with veggie oil and liquid soap and spray around your yard/grassy area its suppose to last for a couple weeks....well we have tried it and so far it seems to work not bad BUT it has been windy and cold so time will tell....and dont worry it becomes odourless in less than an hour...and it says its not harmful to animals plants etc...

Back
Top Bottom