getting set up to start a batch this week? (1 month old now update)

hmm.png
The eggs that are in the still incubator aren't doing so hot. I have 24 eggs init and only four are doing anything. The forced air incubator is doing well. 4 out 6 duck eggs doing well, 13 out 15 bannies doing well and 3 out 6 eggs and look like Philis Dillard chickens are doing well.

I set this morning. Went ahead and set them all but 2 have detached air cells. We'll see how it goes.

kywilber have you received your eggs yet? Once you get them let them sit for 12 to 24 hours before you set them so they can relax from the shipping, then pop them in the bator.

I'm hoping I will get some Jumbo golden and brown coturnix quail eggs in the mail today or tomorrow. I started 2 dozen mixed breed chicken eggs on the tenth. I've now made two homemade incubators and I'm thinking about a third. The BYC home page doesn't lie... this is addicting.

I received them yesterday. I just loaded 41 RIR eggs in. As it was 5pm at night is today day 1 or tommorrow day 1?

Last edited:
I am putting my Coturnix eggs in the new LG, I am scared to death. This is my first bator and first hatch. I am so scaredd I am going to screw this up...

I have a hova coming on tuesday and I might switch them over to that one, but its a still air and that scares me just the same. LOL

Sooo the biggest scare is I do not have the quail rails till tuesday for my turner and in one way I just wanna wait, but I am afraid waiting so long my eggs will be affected. They were shipped to me on the 14th. and if I wait they will not go in till the 20th! I would really like someones opinion on..should I wait till tuesday to set them, or do it now and just xfer them on wednesday?

Thanks

Scared

Back
Top Bottom