1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

its cool, it can only be in one of 27 places [​IMG]

2. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck Oz! Can't wait to see how this trip goes and hope you have fun with the family :)

3. suncatcher

suncatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Wintertime!
    I am up to page 77, but had to look at the last page to see how Oz's Chicken Run 2 was going. Thanks for letting me read along on your adventure!!! Have a safe trip!

4. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    calling SoCal Dorkings...will pick up Oz eggs for him and be meeting him at the airport with your eggs and my pekin eggs tomorrow night!!

OZ WE WILL GET THIS DONE FOR YA!!!

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

HFR and OGM are superstars

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

With just the Pekin Duck and Dorkin eggs meeting me at the airport and 12 golden seabright bantams coming USPS tomorrow, the easter egg run is almost ready

Today I received an extremely poorly packaged 2 dozen turkens that was a box of scrambled yellow goop. Maybe 8 egs not broken.

I was refunded with an apology.

Another set of lavender orps and sizzle/silkies was filthy. The orps were covered in mud the silkies in poop. I emailed the seller - her response was, we live in a wet area. I suggested she improve her coop or stop selling bad eggs.

Apart from those hiccups I did very well. I managed to pick up 9 Silver Penciled Rocks from La Palma Chick at the last minute and Poulettes silkie eggs are pristine. 90+ coturnix - half texas A&M white look exciting. I lost one lavender orp to breakage but with the muddy one I have 12. Piglet sent 2 doz of his huge buff orps and i got 15 local lemon cuckoo orp eggs. I even got 7 pure Brittish BBS orps and 26 Australorps as well as the dark cornish.

Not a bad haul. Tomorrow will be work for 4 hrs, find passport, pack eggs and high tale it to LAX

Time to sleep fast

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

welcome

enjoy the ride.

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

catch up! lol

the fun is about to begin.

9. LFchixranch

LFchixranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    This is a great idea, bad execution.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Instead of laying them down in the box as shown, they need to be stood on end so the the fat end is up.

10. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    The Freeway is ready....the drivers are ready....sooooo.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by