Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

another convert, I see....LOL- that's what happens if i miss 2 days straight...
gig.gif

frow.gif
JanO
welcome-byc.gif
and Oz's enterprise!

Oz, Keep calm, It will all work out the way it is supposed to be....
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
FIND THE PASSPORT!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

The eggs you have can't get there, well, neither can you, without that passport........so much for calm................
gig.gif
its cool, it can only be in one of 27 places
lau.gif

With just the Pekin Duck and Dorkin eggs meeting me at the airport and 12 golden seabright bantams coming USPS tomorrow, the easter egg run is almost ready

Today I received an extremely poorly packaged 2 dozen turkens that was a box of scrambled yellow goop. Maybe 8 egs not broken.

I was refunded with an apology.

Another set of lavender orps and sizzle/silkies was filthy. The orps were covered in mud the silkies in poop. I emailed the seller - her response was, we live in a wet area. I suggested she improve her coop or stop selling bad eggs.

Apart from those hiccups I did very well. I managed to pick up 9 Silver Penciled Rocks from La Palma Chick at the last minute and Poulettes silkie eggs are pristine. 90+ coturnix - half texas A&M white look exciting. I lost one lavender orp to breakage but with the muddy one I have 12. Piglet sent 2 doz of his huge buff orps and i got 15 local lemon cuckoo orp eggs. I even got 7 pure Brittish BBS orps and 26 Australorps as well as the dark cornish.

Not a bad haul. Tomorrow will be work for 4 hrs, find passport, pack eggs and high tale it to LAX

Time to sleep fast

I have just finished reading all 127 pages of this wonderful adventure you are on Oz, and all I have to say is "WOW!" This thread has just captivated me and I can't wait to see how the next hatching works out. I have a few mixed breed hens and 2 roos that belongs to the neighbors but moved in wiht my girls last winter after preditors got my RIR roo. I'm also adding guineas to the mix this year also, and might try incubating a few eggs. I've never done that before.

Wishing you a safe journey back to your family. I can't wait for the next installment.
thumbsup.gif
welcome

enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom