Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Will be heading that way this weekend. It'll be quick trip no layover although I do like Reno used to do flight nursing and always flew there with trauma patients.
thats a nice day's drive

My personal best is 40 hrs non stop (well with a second driver) to Niagara Falls. I drove back on my own. Left 9pm Friday and was at work by 7am Monday.

I did Tamworth NSW to Adelaide SA 1600km (995 miles) in 11 hours with stops when I was young and foolish. We picked up a hitch hiker in Broken Hill on the way back and dropped him off in Dubbo - 750km (470 miles) 4 1/2 hours later. Ahh to be young and immortal. Now days it would take me 11 hrs with stops.

Last edited:
I
thats a nice day's drive

My personal best is 40 hrs non stop (well with a second driver) to Niagara Falls. I drove back on my own. Left 9pm Friday and was at work by 7am Monday.

I did Tamworth NSW to Adelaide SA 1600km (995 miles) in 11 hours with stops when I was young and foolish. We picked up a hitch hiker in Broken Hill on the way back and dropped him off in Dubbo - 750km (470 miles) 4 1/2 hours later. Ahh to be young and immortal. Now days it would take me 11 hrs with stops.
did 24 hr turn around to bend Oregon to buy my malamute ...lol. Animals gotta love em

Oz- Finally taking a moment to say I think you're amazing. Love to hear your stories, see your photos, and hear the joy shine through you when you talk about your family. I'll keep reading, but wish you and Mrs. Oz blue skies and safe travels.

Oz- Finally taking a moment to say I think you're amazing. Love to hear your stories, see your photos, and hear the joy shine through you when you talk about your family. I'll keep reading, but wish you and Mrs. Oz blue skies and safe travels.
thanks and welcome to the journey.

Its great living it but sharing it here with you all is really what makes it more fun - the ideas and suggestions I have picked up here are priceless.

Oh. My goodness,I have vivid memories of plucking ducks. Took me years to recover.
WAIT! years to recover, OZ why didn't you send Mom to my new thread! A wise woman ONCE said......
lau.gif

seriously I need to begin processing and am having emotional issues! How did you get through it? or did you grow up around that stuff?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-through-the-emotions-please/10#post_10941041

Oh. My goodness,I have vivid memories of plucking ducks. Took me years to recover.
right Mum

Our ducks got a little bot our of hand - we went from a couple to a couple of hundred. Ducks were getting into everything - they crossed the line with my dads garden. we decided to process ducks. nobody told us any hints (like use detergent in the water to beak down the oil so it can get to the skin) It took us all bloody day to get those feathers off.

Back
Top Bottom