Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

We planted a variety of trees in our orchard. One of our dogs managed to bite a cherry sapling clean in two...he then ran it around the yard like it was a throwing stick. Dummy. We had hoped that it might branch from the stump left, and it did...but the branches ended up dying.

Gonna have to replace that one, lol.

you will replace the tree or the dog ?
rant.gif

Yeah my labs will eat anything and everything. The worst part is, they are SNEAKY! They like to steal the butter from off the counter
somad.gif
LOL Chow hound Labs..... I caught my Aussie mix Trying to get the KFC box out the doggy door..... She got it through just as I hollered and she dropped it..... "But.... Maa.... I was taking it outside like a good doggie...." There were only two pieces left in there.... she had to have gotten ON the table to get it down without spilling it.....

I try to keep temptation to a minimum if I can.... LOL.

deb

Happy Birthday mate, I know you are alone, but there are plenty of people thinking of you.

Next years will be a hoot for sure.
Mrs Oz knows how to make sure I dont feel alone. She took the kids to the zoo today and she has been sending me update pics every few minutes.

Tonight I will go to a restaurant and have dinner. Mrs oz and the kids will go to the same chain resto in Manila for their lunch and we will turn on Skype and have a meal together.

I know I have a lot of great friends I have met through BYC and thank you all.

you will replace the tree or the dog ?
rant.gif

Hah, the tree. Jonah was just a puppy...and hubby took that tree and gave the dog a good spanking on the rear end with it. I don't think he'll bother my fruit trees again.

However...he is the dumbest dog I've ever seen. Hubby was ripping out briar bushes...with these extra long, extra sharp pricks on them. He threw them in the tall grass and the dumb dog ran in and grabbed hold of one. Lacerated his tongue. Hubby took it from him and threw it back in the grass. Well obviously this was a game to Jonah because he ran back in and grabbed hold of it and lacerated his tongue again.

He lacerated his tongue THREE times before we tied him up to the picnic table and burned the briars, lol. He nearly needed stitches, his tongue was ripped up so badly.

He's dumb, but he's a good boy. Love him.

Ignore the pile of laundry, we were getting ready for laundry day, lol. Sam is on the left and Jonah is on the right.

Jonah, closely watching one of our chicks. Pretty sure he would have eaten one, if given the chance.

Mrs Oz knows how to make sure I dont feel alone. She took the kids to the zoo today and she has been sending me update pics every few minutes.

Tonight I will go to a restaurant and have dinner. Mrs oz and the kids will go to the same chain resto in Manila for their lunch and we will turn on Skype and have a meal together.

I know I have a lot of great friends I have met through BYC and thank you all.

everyone is going to Jolly Bee
big_smile.png

Did they let you know how to tell when the fruit is ready to eat, Paw paws can have a bite when they are not ripe.

Scott

I just squeeze 'em a little. If they're soft and smell yummy, I eat 'em
lol.png
They're pretty hard to eat with all those seeds.

Happy birthday, Oz! We'll be thinking of you. I know what it's like to be thousands of miles from family.

Back
Top Bottom