Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

You are a tougher person than most of us. I will pray for your DH safety over there.

1 person likes this.
  2. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    WOOOOWIE. Fail much?

[​IMG]

3. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    [​IMG] LOL

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I am excited to go to the San Diego BYC meet up next Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting some fellow BYCers, especially the ones I have interacted with in this thread,

There is a hatchery in LA County that comes with great recommendations to get Australorps, Cuckoo Marans, ans Cochins. I am still hunting for a local person to supply me with Rhode Island Reds, New Jerseys, Barred Rocks and Brahmas - any color.

I am thinking of wearing a Getting The Flock Out Of Here t-shirt.

Some fabulous local BYCers are helping me with some Dorkings, Creme Legbars Polish and Pekin Ducks.

A BYCer from New England is giving me some big imported Brittish Orps and Buff Orpingtons in exchange for giving some offspring to his wife's family in the Philippines.

Its just 46 days to the next chicken run!!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oz, the community of BYCers is an amazing thing. Coupled with your unique experiences, ability, expertise to share - and incorporate others ad hoc - there is no doubt this thread will be another well-loved and long-lived contributions.

You provide more than just vicarious living through photographs and narrative, you invite us to participate. Not a dry travelougue but one with exultation, whimsy, speculation, and sheer silliness through human experience. Plus a wicked sense of humor.

Thank you. I have begun to tell my Australorp Molly about the other chatty BAs outed in this thread. She saiid, "Brrk?" in the interrogative at my first mention, which I took to be interest.

We are entranced.

1 person likes this.
  6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

This being an interactive forum rather than a blog is the best part. I am getting used to the machinations of it. I now have a chuckle if I am in here and see an unknown or noob settled in for hours reading the entire thread. I celebrate when we coax another lurker out of the woodwork but am happy if they chose not to be interactive also.

Thanks for the encouragement

1 person likes this.
  7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I will need a T as well for when you get me at the airport!! he he he

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Anotherone with a wonderful way with words! VERY WELL SAID!! True Story!! Love ya OZ!! psss you to Mrs. [​IMG]

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I just read your thread from beginning to end.. Not sure if it was because you are a mad Aussie or it was just great reading :)

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Okay, you've coaxed another lurker to say howdy! I have really enjoyed reading about your adventures, and while I like the interactive format of the thread, I also love the narrative posts that you wrote and hope you include more in the future. I used to live just south of San Francisco in an area with a large Filipino population, and from my neighbors learned a bit about their food and culture, so it's been fun that you have filled in a bit more of the picture.
    Best wishes to you and your lovely family and good luck on the chicken venture! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by