Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

the next typhoon, ruby, is on its way.

its still early to know it's exact path but one prediction is straight over us. its a category 4 super typhoon at the moment but a long way from land. the same predictors say it will weaken to a category two before its hits land east of us.

we are prepared for a windy Sunday.

OZ take care
hugs.gif
hope Ruby fizzles out.

thanks diva.

typhoons are cleansing. as long as they don't clean us out. lol

Dodong and Lillian have asked to re-do the veggie gardens as they are a bit of a mess. I am all for it!! The garden fence was beat up by Queenie so we will replace part of it tomorrow. we have two cubic meters of compost ready to go into the rebuilt beds.

@tomtommom yeah, I sometimes look around and can't believe how much I've changed... My husband is getting me a grain mill for Christmas. A *manual* grain mill. And I'm excited for this... Five years ago, I'd have been horrified, lol. We still do take out, and rarely fast-food, but we're mostly "from scratch" these days. I can't imagine the work it takes to manage three kids, including a special needs child, and still keep up with things. Hats off to you!

We have snow on the ground. Sticky wet snow, that will likely turn to muddy slush when it starts raining in a few hours... I was thinking the tropics sounded quite nice right now, but I'm not sure I'm up for a typhoon! Good luck riding it out!

@tomtommom yeah, I sometimes look around and can't believe how much I've changed... My husband is getting me a grain mill for Christmas. A *manual* grain mill. And I'm excited for this... Five years ago, I'd have been horrified, lol. We still do take out, and rarely fast-food, but we're mostly "from scratch" these days. I can't imagine the work it takes to manage three kids, including a special needs child, and still keep up with things. Hats off to you!

We have snow on the ground. Sticky wet snow, that will likely turn to muddy slush when it starts raining in a few hours... I was thinking the tropics sounded quite nice right now, but I'm not sure I'm up for a typhoon! Good luck riding it out!

OOOH! I want a *manual* grain mill. I like being prepared for the "What ifs" in life.

We put in a storm shelter by hand earlier this year
lol.png
We're in Alabama, it's no nutty prepper stuff here (although our neighbors looked weird at us. I don't get that.. we get plenty of tornadoes)

I don't keep up with much. My dishes er.. well.. let's not talk about those. And mount laundry.. eh... But they're alive, healthy and we eat well.
wink.png

my mother raised five kids. the first three of us were back to back. there were no such thing as disposable diapers and she washed by hand until I was around four when she got her first wringer washing machine.

in the Philippines I change clothes twice a day. the humidity makes me swear so much that I shower three times - morning, 5 pm and before bed. our small washing machine runs a load or two every morning at 7 am to get clothes on the line as early a possible to dry.

we have three different ant species that will invade if anything is left out so dishes are done as soon as the last bite leaves the table.

same rules apply with our without help.

on weekend days it's hectic with no help and two kids but we like it when it's just us.

my mother raised five kids. the first three of us were back to back. there were no such thing as disposable diapers and she washed by hand until I was around four when she got her first wringer washing machine.

in the Philippines I change clothes twice a day. the humidity makes me swear so much that I shower three times - morning, 5 pm and before bed. our small washing machine runs a load or two every morning at 7 am to get clothes on the line as early a possible to dry.

we have three different ant species that will invade if anything is left out so dishes are done as soon as the last bite leaves the table.

same rules apply with our without help.

on weekend days it's hectic with no help and two kids but we like it when it's just us.
Oz, your auto correct/fill can make for interesting reading,
pop.gif
waiting for your next post with high tech help
caf.gif

Scott

Back
Top Bottom