Getting your "hired" help to do what you want???

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
big_smile.png
My 'hired' help is dh...it seems he is always trying to rethink my designs--no matter what I am try to do or really get him to do!!!
roll.png

I designed my coop, drew up plans, made a list of lenghts, widths, heights, everything I could think of... I have it all laid out "just right'..Just like Goldielocks!! I wanted the chicken door on the same side as the nestbox--he wants to mount the nestboxes 'in the center of the wall' which will hang over part of my chicken door!! Why??? BEcause it should be centered!!!
hmm.png
He was determined to hang it right there soooooo I finally gave in and said 'fine'!!! Not sure how the hens TRYING to lay an egg will react to someone traveling under her to leave or enter the coop!!

Somethings are just not worth the struggle--I did get the ten foot roost and dropping board not just 8' 'because that's the lenght of boards he has!!'

The coop is coming along well. really... I will be so happy when it's finished.. My grandson asked if I was going to have baby chicks or just eggs.. I said 'BOTH in due time' made him happy..

sometimes if you put the idea out there just a passing comment and they think they thought of it..........it works !!!!! lol
and sometimes you just say do it!!! so it will get finished
I know what you're talking about
Hang in there
Melia

I just do it myself and make my sons help me do it...MY WAY! I have found, no matter how explicit the instructions, they seem to feel like I should like it the way THEY wanted to build it and not how I described it. So...to avoid this same argument, I head up the construction. Every detail~ and will brook no arguments about how it is to be done. I will, however, entertain good suggestions and ideas. Cranky old biddy, ain't I?
big_smile.png

Well, since my DH is willing to build stuff (like coops, broody pens, etc) for me without much fuss, I let him run up the design and construction part.
smile.png
He usually asks me how I want things, like doors, roosts and nesting boxes though.

Back
Top Bottom