View attachment 3519886
Friends divesting part of their Chicken City sent along this chalet. Might be the nicest gift anyone has given me.
One thing I wanna ask is if the lift mechanism works. From what I can tell is that, when pulled with the handle it compresses the gas strut and the pipe running down the center bottom has something in it that will pull the rear wheels up. when not being pulled the gas strut lowers the coop. Nice. Would love some more pictures.

As a builder myself I would go so far as to suggest (if you can) to take it apart and sandblast. Find any weak spots from rust and fix. Repaint. Reassemble.

One thing I wanna ask is if the lift mechanism works. From what I can tell is that, when pulled with the handle it compresses the gas strut and the pipe running down the center bottom has something in it that will pull the rear wheels up. when not being pulled the gas strut lowers the coop. Nice. Would love some more pictures.

As a builder myself I would go so far as to suggest (if you can) to take it apart and sandblast. Find any weak spots from rust and fix. Repaint. Reassemble.
The lift mechanism works fine. I'll get dome pics for you. The lift is airplane cable front to back ( side to side lookingvhead on) a small pin drops into place locking the framed rolling axles in the up position. I'll crawl around tomorrow and see who the gremlin is lifting this thing. Specs from manufacturer say it weighs 400lbs. 2 of us moved it up a slope with only a little sweat.
The crazy think is the "boards" are all a heavy duty aligator board. I thought they were metal too. They definitely are getting a good scrub inside and out. The frame and hardware cloth are tight and in good shape.
Will definitely attach more pictures in a bit.

The lift mechanism works fine. I'll get dome pics for you. The lift is airplane cable front to back ( side to side lookingvhead on) a small pin drops into place locking the framed rolling axles in the up position. I'll crawl around tomorrow and see who the gremlin is lifting this thing. Specs from manufacturer say it weighs 400lbs. 2 of us moved it up a slope with only a little sweat.
The crazy think is the "boards" are all a heavy duty aligator board. I thought they were metal too. They definitely are getting a good scrub inside and out. The frame and hardware cloth are tight and in good shape.
Whoever gifted you this either is a fool or REALLY loves you. LOL. Looking forward to more pix.

OK, I thought I saw you were in AZ, now I don't see it?
May have confused you with another thread?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1685234652377.png

Whoever gifted you this either is a fool or REALLY loves you. LOL. Looking forward to more pix.
Thank youšŸ˜‚. My friends have raised chickens for about 15 years. They're taking a break or may even be done with chickens so they were thinning their equipment and clearing some yard space. Obviously when my flock starts laying my friends will be well supplied with fresh eggs in thanks.

OK, I thought I saw you were in AZ, now I don't see it?
May have confused you with another thread?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 3520484
Woops, my bad. Apologies, I'm new here. I'm in the mid-Hudson Valley, in NY state. Zone 6-B growing zone, though that has changed in the last 15 years. I'll make that addition to my profile. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom