Gimmie Your Gender Guesses!

See, I was a little confused about the Marans because most of what I read about them said that some Marans crosses were sex-linked and some were not, and I couldn't determine where the Hoovers version (Midnight Majesty) fell in that debate. But thank you, and I totally agree about Blue. :D
Black Copper Marans roo x Barred Rock hen...🙂
https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Screenshot_20240523-125700.png
Screenshot_20240523-125721.png

Last edited:
4 weeks?
All male my friend
Those comb's are to out for pullets of 4weeks
Hmm, well...Ginger the Cream Legbar and Onyx the Midnight Majesty Marans are both sex-linked breeds, so according to their coloring they have to be female.

You could be right about Blue or Opal, though. In observing her for these weeks, I'm definitely leaning toward girl for Opal, but Blue is definitely big and gawky for a 4-week old chick. Cross your fingers for me!

Hmm, well...Ginger the Cream Legbar and Onyx the Midnight Majesty Marans are both sex-linked breeds, so according to their coloring they have to be female.

You could be right about Blue or Opal, though. In observing her for these weeks, I'm definitely leaning toward girl for Opal, but Blue is definitely big and gawky for a 4-week old chick. Cross your fingers for me!
I'm pretty sure, not 100%, but pretty certain that Sapphire Olive Eggers are sex-linked, and males will be barred. If that's true, Blue is certainly a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom