Girls vs Girls

It's going quite well for me. Just trying to catch up on all of these pms now. How have you been?

Good. Keeping busy. I got another incubator a few weeks ago, so I'm in the midst of doing the last hatch of the year and test run with it. I also found a post about how to tell the gender of day old chicks and poults without having to vent sex! The poster tried it and found it 94% accurate, so I did it with my older group of chicks and found it pretty amazing!
Now I can tell sooner!
wee.gif

Today my hubby and I spent the day building ...another chicken coop. We're up to three...
ep.gif

Good luck with the hatching process!

Wow that's an amazing method! Do you have a link? I'd love to learn more about it if I end up getting into chickens. I'd love to not have to stick my hands anywhere near a bird's vent
gig.gif

Space for lots of babies?
big_smile.png

Hey MKK!

Good luck with the hatching process!

Wow that's an amazing method! Do you have a link? I'd love to learn more about it if I end up getting into chickens. I'd love to not have to stick my hands anywhere near a bird's vent
gig.gif

Space for lots of babies?
big_smile.png

Hey MKK!

I don't know where it was anymore other than that it was in a turkey thread. I copy and pasted it though (naturally
lol.png
)
Tada:
If you can hold the bird on your lap, laying on its back, at any age, if it holds it's feet up close to it's back, it is probably a hen. If one or both legs extend, it's a tom (or rooster). This, I find works from day old poults and chicks, with 94 percent accuracy.

Oddly enough, no. The third coop is for more adults! I have two dog houses with doors and attached runs for the chicks
roll.png

Edited to add that I found the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/725829/turkeys-for-2013/2750

Last edited:
OMGOMGONGOMGG YAYAYAYAYAY

Ok, so I come home to find something under the chicken coop when I see something move.
A DUCK.
So first I freak out. The coop is VERY protected so anything getting in / out is hard.
I get my sister when she tells me to push the duck.

Well the duck begins to hiss and huff and puff and then bites me.

BROOOOOODDDDYYYYYY

and she has a clutch of like 10

TEN.

I candled one and in 28 days I will have a bunch of little ducklings!!!
I do fear, given the area and how getting in / out under the coop is a PITA, she'll just sit there and kill herself trying to hatch them. So Im gonna try to give her food/water

Oh so excited

Back
Top Bottom