Girls vs Girls

Yeah yeah...
You know you think the huge font is awesome
D.gif

gtg byeeeeee

omg I used the tiny font

Ahh, I've been waiting for someone to return that wave for three hours now! LOL

Todays first hatch, a pheasant. I've got turkeys a working on it in lockdown (and 4 more pheasants, hope I get another one), and a goose working on its internal pip. (3 more due the next day)

What are you up to Kevin? What did you do today?

Lol! He's so cute! I had to pick up a few items for the animals today. I went to Atwoods to pick up a turkey but they were all sold out. Plus I dyed my hair again

Sorry you didn't score a turkey today! Get that bator going, my girl, and hatch some!!! Just get it to temp, then put up an add at the feed stores that you want to buy a few turkey eggs (I'd get 12, and maybe you'll get 4 - turkey aren't very fertile myrtles)

What color on the hair?

The pheasent, speedie. you just met, we found a pip this morning, one little pip, and 2 minutes later, I swear it, go look at this mornings hatch day posts, he was freaking OUT!!! I'm telling ya, we almost got whiplash!

Are they much harder to hatch than waterfowl eggs? I ended up getting part of it a nice light blonde but didn't have nearly enough to cover my head so will probably redye next weekend or weekend after. Aww how exciting! Pheasents are so adorable! I wish they weren't so flighty or I'd love to have some

Sorry you didn't score a turkey today! Get that bator going, my girl, and hatch some!!! Just get it to temp, then put up an add at the feed stores that you want to buy a few turkey eggs (I'd get 12, and maybe you'll get 4 - turkey aren't very fertile myrtles)

What color on the hair?

The pheasent, speedie. you just met, we found a pip this morning, one little pip, and 2 minutes later, I swear it, go look at this mornings hatch day posts, he was freaking OUT!!! I'm telling ya, we almost got whiplash!

Turkeys are easier than waterfowl. Waterfowl can be a little harder, and the hatch takes days instead of hours. If I were you, I'd feel ok w/chicks or turks in the little styro bator your gonna make. Both like slightly dry incubations, so its a great match. You can incubate your own duck eggs, of course, but you'll need to borrow either same shallow wide cups, or 4 shot glasses, to keep full of water at all times, and days 7-25 take them out for a 15-30 min cool down, followed by a misting with a spray bottle at room temp, and back in the bator. If you are able to look in every couple of hours, and adjust airflow/vents, its easy as pie. Heck, even a chicken can do it!

Back
Top Bottom