Girls vs Girls

Kevin, How are ya???

OK, so AMIGAs, sorry I didn't make it back last night. (Oh BTW, I was duly impressed with your colorful verbage in the PMs Kev LOL, and Cochins shock was amusing too - but I know she'll argue with me) DH and I went out to dinner, and then stopped by a little downtown pub and enjoyed copious B52s and beer. I slept 8 hours for once, woke up, and then went back to bed for an hour.

I'm ready for a late night! But, with my luck, nobody will be here to punish me for being gone yesterday. (I hope I'm wrong)

M.

*sniff* My chickens are leaving today... For about 2 years, I will never see Amulet or Pepper roam this yard again. The woman will be here soon to pick them up and take them back to her place to hold onto them for us while we move and take care of this mice issue...

But I never thought that they would actually be leaving... I took at least 30 goodbye photos. *sniff* Let's hope we have enough land when we move so that we can get our girls back...

*sniff* ... They just left, taking my heart with them.

Mice are the whole reason they're gone. I will never ever ever ever forgive mice. From now on, every single mouse or rat I see I will willfullingly shoot or stab to death. I don't care either way. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.

im glad you are feeling better. keeping yourself distracted should help a lot. if i might suggest a book, Eragon, by Christopher Paolini,( im not sure i spelled that right) is marvolous, not to mention written by a homeshcooler.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Kevin, How are ya???

OK, so AMIGAs, sorry I didn't make it back last night. (Oh BTW, I was duly impressed with your colorful verbage in the PMs Kev LOL, and Cochins shock was amusing too - but I know she'll argue with me) DH and I went out to dinner, and then stopped by a little downtown pub and enjoyed copious B52s and beer. I slept 8 hours for once, woke up, and then went back to bed for an hour.

I'm ready for a late night! But, with my luck, nobody will be here to punish me for being gone yesterday. (I hope I'm wrong)

M.
LOL. Glad you had fun!
*sniff* My chickens are leaving today... For about 2 years, I will never see Amulet or Pepper roam this yard again. The woman will be here soon to pick them up and take them back to her place to hold onto them for us while we move and take care of this mice issue...

But I never thought that they would actually be leaving... I took at least 30 goodbye photos. *sniff* Let's hope we have enough land when we move so that we can get our girls back...
hugs.gif

Yay, Thats great Cochin! When do you have to do the dastardly deed?
I like your article in general. It was infromative to most, but it is not always applicable.
hide.gif
On some breeds of chickens you have to wait 3 months, and compare like breed to like breed to be able to see the difference. Some breeds, like austrlorps, and other slow maturing breeds, tend toward slower sexual development, and instead grow large first. It is very difficult to tell any differences until they are 12 weeks or older. I think if you changed your timeline a bit, it would be more helpful for those hard to sex breeds.

I REALLY like your pic examples. I think that that will help many people who are trying to sex sooner, and for sure, it will work with many breeds at that age!
I like the article, and I'm glad you wrote and shared it.
yesss.gif
Killed and helped pluck it today

Ya I know, thats why its not focused solely on the whole at 6weeks you can tell. Also some people ask "is this a rooster?" when its fully grown rooster
th.gif
Oh and its breeding the hens
th.gif

Yep, I'm still workin' on it so I'll adjust it and put a disclaimer

Back
Top Bottom