Git these SLW from the PULLET bin...... but I'm not convinced.... ???

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
wyanLarge.jpg
wyan2Large.jpg

wyandottesLarge.jpg

And just to be sure... does this look like a pullet? LOL

Barred Rock

barredrockLarge.jpg

I got some slw males from Ideal and their combs turned bright pink rite away. The middle pic (one on the left) looks just like the little roos I got. The others look more yellow to me

I've never been good at telling the sex on BRs even when they get older than that but on it's face, it does look like the hens I have when they were pullets. And now they have huge red combs and lay some lovely eggs, there were many times before they started laying that I thought one or the other must be a rooster with the way their combs developed but then they both started giving me eggs and neither ever grew spurs.

As for the SLWs how old are they? I think mine are still younger than yours so I'm not sure about the combs but I'm interested to learn if someone has more insight. I've learned a lot about the Wyandottes but comb development wise I'm still in the dark.

I have no idea about the SLW, but the BR is for sure a girl. The females will have black on the front of their legs normally, and they also feather in looking pretty much black in the beginning. I have a pair of young BR, and the pullet is still a lot darker than the cockerel is. The male BR will feather in with very noticeable bars, the females just look polka-dotted at first..

They're 3-4 weeks old.... well, I wondered if it was just a SLW thing... maybe it is and maybe they ARE pullets... I hope so! LOL

Back
Top Bottom