Give me the dirt on turkeys

Quote:
That is too funny!!! The are tearing that thing up!
gig.gif

Henry'schickens :

LovinMyHensInNC! :

Thanks for the info! I will make a point of waking up early one morning
smile.png
. They are Royal Palm turkeys.​

Did they ever come back home??

BTW:welcome

Thank you!!!

They have not come back nor have I found them (or feathers). It has still been less than 4 weeks so I am still hoping they will return with a bunch of babies following!!! Just today I found my guineas nest in the woods after hunting that down for over three weeks and I wouldn't have found it had my male guinea (who was at standby) had not been making a ruckus from seeing the hawks flying overhead. So, I can now understand how hidden they make themselves when they are sitting on a nest. Thanks for checking!
smile.png

Do you still have your TOM? if so; Couldn't you take him into the woods and let him go and watch him find her? Would a hen that is setting answer a Turkey call?

I am looking for a young Royal Palm tom. Anybody live in or around Phoenix AZ. Mine was killed by dogs. I don't care how young, just friendly.

Last edited:
Just acquired our first 2 midget white turkeys a few days ago from a local breeder. They are very cute and sweet, and I love the little noise they make. We got very lucky--got a male and a female (I'm pretty sure--there are distinct differences in their profiles, and the one that appears to be male does a display when I walk by his cage). Probably will keep this pair to breed and get a couple more next month for our holiday dinners. We'll never have to buy another store-bought turkey again! Hurray!

Back
Top Bottom