Giving up a flock

Pine chick

Chirping
Jun 13, 2021
Haven't been able to get here for a while. A lot going on. Youngsters haven't started laying yet - still playing in the nesting boxes. Unfortunately I may have to give up my flock due to problems healthwise and a possible/probable move. I am so attached to my older ones and so excited about the new pullets getting ready to lay. Heartbroken but don't know of an alternative. Where I may be moving don't allow chickens. If any one in my area knows of someone who will be looking to purchase some young healthy pullets (barred rocks and golden comets) send them my way, please. I hope to keep the older ones until forced to get rid of them. Will also be removing some runs, too. Would be great if someone who likes chickens were to buy my house when I have to leave. (I know, wishful thinking, right?) Reminder: I am in Pace, Florida. Thanks to all

If you haven't already ---Try your State thread (and adjacent states if near a state line) to post this info - put your city/state & how many pullets in title so people can know where you are & details without having to open the thread. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your reply and info. I am really struggling with having to do this. Hoping they end up in a good situation.

I am sorry but I am new here and I tried to follow your instructions but couldn't find the starter thread in the Florida site. Help!

So sorry you may have to give up your chickens. You could also try asking a local feed store if there are any online chicken groups in your area. We have several groups in my area on Facebook and Weebly. You may even be able to find a chicken owning buyer for your house through them if you do have to move.

I am sorry but I am new here and I tried to follow your instructions but couldn't find the starter thread in the Florida site. Help!

I'm new here as well and I was unable to locate my state as well...wish it were an easier place to find those.
I'm so sorry you are having to relocate and lose your flock!
There's a list in the first post on this thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-thread.270925/
Not all state threads will be active and thriving.

No problem, I should have given a link....here's an overall link to find other states ... www.backyardchickens.com/forums/where-am-i-where-are-you.26/

Here's the FL thread... www.backyardchickens.com/threads/florida-always-sunny-side-up.305793/

It may seem overwhelming what you are facing- but just take it one step at a time and do the very BEST that you can. I remind myself (and my Mom) How do you eat an elephant? Just One Bite at a time ~ then we laugh! You CAN do it!

Back
Top Bottom