Giving up a flock

I'm new here as well and I was unable to locate my state as well...wish it were an easier place to find those.
I'm so sorry you are having to relocate and lose your flock!
I didn't have any trouble finding my state of Florida. I went to the forums tab and typed Florida in the search. What I can't find is how to post without replying to someone else.

No problem, I should have given a link....here's an overall link to find other states ... www.backyardchickens.com/forums/where-am-i-where-are-you.26/

Here's the FL thread... www.backyardchickens.com/threads/florida-always-sunny-side-up.305793/

It may seem overwhelming what you are facing- but just take it one step at a time and do the very BEST that you can. I remind myself (and my Mom) How do you eat an elephant? Just One Bite at a time ~ then we laugh! You CAN do it!
Thank you for your reply. I didn't have any trouble finding the Florida site. What I can't figure out is how to do what you said. There doesn't seem to be anyway to do what you said without replying to someone else's post. What am I doing wrong?

Overwhelming is an understatement... LOL... this baby elephant is growing by the day. It's a long story but suffice it to say that I thought I could keep them until the actual move. The problem is I have put in an application for housing where everything is taken care of for you - outside and inside maintenance of the house and property. Unfortunately or fortunately whichever you look at it there is a minimum 6 months waiting list at this time. I want to keep the pullets but am afraid I may get to a point where I can't properly care for them. I am not in a big hurry. Would at least like to see them start laying...

Thank you for your reply. I didn't have any trouble finding the Florida site. What I can't figure out is how to do what you said. There doesn't seem to be anyway to do what you said without replying to someone else's post. What am I doing wrong?
I use the desktop site not the app so not sure of the actual steps on app - sorry. In my state thread I usually just reply so maybe start by just replying. You will get the most recent active thread participants seeing your post and maybe they know someone looking for pullets even if not them.

Back
Top Bottom