Glad to be part of your community

I normally have 100% hatches with my pheasants... perhaps because I collect and incubate my flocks eggs...should I set the silkies and Brahma's in separate bators? I'm assuming the Brahma eggs are larger than silkies (if silkies need higher humidity during incubation)should I use two separate bators? I want to try a drier hatch 1 through 18.

I normally have 100% hatches with my pheasants... perhaps because I collect and incubate my flocks eggs...should I set the silkies and Brahma's in separate bators? I'm assuming the Brahma eggs are larger than silkies (if silkies need higher humidity during incubation)should I use two separate bators? I want to try a drier hatch 1 through 18.
They will hatch fine together. From my experience, silky eggs tend to hatch early by a day so do not be surprised if they are finished hatching while the brahma eggs have not started yet. If that happens, take the silky chicks out and put them into the brooder. I do not let chicks stay in the incubator more than a day. I have had them die if I wait longer

I have heard bantams hatch earlier .... can they hatch together in the same incubator or should I separate the eggs into two incubators?I have a separate brooder... since I'm doing a large and small breed ,it's making me crazy

I have heard bantams hatch earlier .... can they hatch together in the same incubator or should I separate the eggs into two incubators?I have a separate brooder... since I'm doing a large and small breed ,it's making me crazy
I like to use a second incubator for hatching. I move the eggs over on day 18. You could use one incubator for each breed.

I have hatched up to 5 breeds at the same time in the same incubator. It was a mixture of silky and large fowl. It worked fine!

hatching in two incubators would be cleaner though. The first breed hatching will make a mess on the other eggs

Sound advice...my Brahma's are going to be huge (I hatched RIR's,my Roo was 8 lbs) Brahma roos are about 12lbs,hens about 7-8...I'm hatching painted silkies (hoping my new flock integrates with my sexlinks)they're extremely docile because I've raised them that way) I love my chickens

:welcome! I am sorry for your rough patches, but heartened that you haven't given up. You can do it! Your birds can, too! :yesss
Flock integration is possible, it's the how that's critical. We have some really great posts around here about how to go about it. Like @MROO said above, the ''see but don't touch" side-by-side exposure method works well. Another method that some have tried, with varying degrees of success, is sneaking in the new ones at night. The most frequently easy successes involve birds that are similar in age, color and/or size. We're here for you all the way! :hugs

Hope I can be of some help here and look forward to being part of your community. Thanks for having us. Jesse
FARMER-CONNIE-WELCOME-46465.gif
hi.gif

Back
Top Bottom