Gloom, Despair, and Agony On Me!

yuckyuck.gif

You give 'em heck.
lol.png

I posted a thread yesterday about an incubator which had been off for 24 hours and the embryos are still alive.

I'm unsure as to how many you have from your first attempts....but don't give up on it/them.

Treat yourself to some more eggs....you deserve them....but maybe order them when the incubator is actually up and running.

I've had some disastrous hatches in the past, but I still (some would say stupidly) go back and try again.

GOOD LUCK.

Well, I called the post office this morning to see if the incubator was in. Nope. I gave them the tracking number. The postman said it wouldn't be here until SATURDAY AT THE EARLIEST.
sad.png
I have called the company about the incubator several times and get no answer. Must have me pegged on caller ID. I sure am having bad luck all the way around with these eggs.

But I'm not giving up on them. Today is either day 7 or 8 and I am going to candle them to see how they are doing. Hopefully I can tell that something is going on in there. Even with this bad experience I think I am going to like hatching eggs once I get set up right.

Thanks everyone.
smile.png

Go to the cheat sheet in my signature and read up on getting your LG set up and stable. Do that with the new one before you transfer the eggs over- give it 24 hours at the right temp before you move them, and then DON'T LOOK after you move them. The temp will go high and low and all over and you'll feel compelled to adjust, but you MUSTN'T adjust. It will stabilize. It will.

Best of luck! They can survive a heck of a lot more than we think, and I hope you get some puffy peeps!

Quote:
Oh, boy! I just checked out the cheat sheet, and that is some great stuff! Thank you ChooksChick, I sure do appreciate that.
smile.png

Last edited:
I candled my eggs today. Four didn't have anything, so I took them out. I cracked them open and there was nothing in them but yolk. I am guessing they were not even fertilized since there was no blood in them? Is that the way you tell? There are about 3 I am not sure about, so i stuck them back in. The rest have a dark mass near the top, but like I said, I can't see any details. I used a big spotlight, but even with it I can't see anything like some of the pictures I've seen show.

I'm just flying by the seat of my pants without a clue in this world what I'm doing.
roll.png

Still no incubator in the mail today. Tried to call the company today and got cut off, but they called me a little later. It seems they just got my incubator returned back to them by USPS, and they don't have any clue as to why. It just has a 'return to sender' sticker on it, and that is all. I told them to send it Fed Ex this time. Only reason why I didn't use them the first time is they can never find my house without looking for it for 2-3 days. Even though they have been here before, and it is the same driver, he never can remember where I am. But he can remember my neighbor's house!

I came to close to getting my money back, but I didn't. I am at a loss as to how or why every detail of this egg hatching business has been cursed from the get go. Eggs late. Incubator stinks. Order incubator but it never shows up. Power outage. Move eggs and kill ten for sure. Find 4 more eggs empty. Still staying up all hours working on incubator. New incubator not here and needs to be remailed.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom