gloria.hi

paddy farrell

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
hi to all you chicks and roosters out there. you now have a crazy irishman on board, i joined yesterday ist june 2011. i hail from the village of lanesboro in county longford on the banks of the river shannon. i own a 5 year old bantam called gloria, she hatched out in a wheelie bin outside the local undertakers on a very hot june day, iheard her chirps for help, i took all the rubbish out and at the very bottom of the bin a plastic bag with a dozen eggs and gloria just breakin out. i eased the rest of the shell off and a very beraggled chick came into the world, of course by this time i had quite a crowd around me amazed at this form of incubation. we checked the rest of the eggs, nothing, just gloria. sole survivor. someone gave me cotton wool, wrapped in this i brought her home, next day she was eating, 2 days later she was travelling every where with me under my hat. inamed her gloria after the gloria gaynor song i will survive. that year 2006 she made the local and national newspapers, i got into trouble with my neighbours when i bought a bantam cock i called gaynor, he got everyone out of bed at 4 am so my family was exiled for a while when the local council said its you or the chicks, again we made the national newspaper all the readers were on the chicks side, but the council were adamant, no animals, but we played possum as you say in the usa and my family has extended. gaynor is staying with a friend, gloria is back and last sunday brought out 9 bantam chicks 3 polish crested and 6 peking, mum and kids are doin fine. i also have 4 cats 2 toms called podge and rodge, they come and go, paddy garfield a very lovable ginger rogue and felix a young female. also a female labrador golden called lucky, she has taken to the young chicks and follows them everywhere. i got married last january to a russian chick, her name is lana, so you see mine is a large mixed family. i hope to be moving soon to a house with a larger garden. signing off for now hope to hear from you chick lovers. love u all . paddy farrell. the chicken man.

welcome-byc.gif
from Missouri!
frow.gif

Thanks. My last name is Shannon, once upon a time way back in the day my family lived somewhere around you. Forget exactly where, been a long time since I looked it up, lol.

welcome-byc.gif
Gloria sure is a lucky girl. Good on you for saving her. Hope you get things worked out real soon so you can bring Gaynor home. I have been blessed to have neighbors who love my roosters. Glad you are here. By the way my great grandmother came from Ireland. Would love to visit there someday.

thank you all for the feedback. we just showered our golden labrador lucky, she didnt like, but loves the river. paddy farrell. eire.

Back
Top Bottom