Glowing Eyes, Wolf RP, the Chat Thread. (We're know your there, Lurkers!)

Yeah, I've heard heat can kill chickens. But I'm glad you are trying to help them! :)
Yeah... I probably could hook up a mister, if that would help. I give them frozen treats too but they seem not to like them quite as much. I'm scared for them and hope the heat doesn't get worse! I would be happy if you could give me any other suggestions!(as long as it doesn't need power... the coop is really far from an outlet!)

Yeah... I probably could hook up a mister, if that would help. I give them frozen treats too but they seem not to like them quite as much. I'm scared for them and hope the heat doesn't get worse! I would be happy if you could give me any other suggestions!(as long as it doesn't need power... the coop is really far from an outlet!)
If you need advice on helping your chickens stay cool, the best you can do is provide lots of shade for them. It gets 100+ degrees where I live and my chickens usually stick to the most shadiest parts of my yard. I often water these areas to keep the dirt cool for them to take their baths in or just to relax. I would also advise to keep plenty of water around for them in these shady places. The coop does not count as a shady place. Also make sure your coop is well ventilated to prevent overheating.

If you need advice on helping your chickens stay cool, the best you can do is provide lots of shade for them. It gets 100+ degrees where I live and my chickens usually stick to the most shadiest parts of my yard. I often water these areas to keep the dirt cool for them to take their baths in or just to relax. I would also advise to keep plenty of water around for them in these shady places. The coop does not count as a shady place. Also make sure your coop is well ventilated to prevent overheating.
Thanks! They do have lots of shade, we have a big pine tree over them, and some boards we put up on the fence. (The boards were orginally prevent the neighbors' dogs from being obsessed). I'll try watering the shady areas! Thank you! :D

I think I'm going to buy mealworms next time we get another bag of chick feed! Yeah, I really wasn't joking... I want to try them now!!! :lau

Wow, I could never do that! :thUnless I fasted after that for about 2 days! Every time I ate something, I would somehow, yes, somehow - (in my wild imagination) - think everything I ate after that was in some way (taste or smell or feeling) a MEALWORM!:lau Sorry, but I just couldn't....

(Can't wait to hear your experiences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wow, I could never do that! :thUnless I fasted after that for about 2 days! Every time I ate something, I would somehow, yes, somehow - (in my wild imagination) - think everything I ate after that was in some way (taste or smell or feeling) a MEALWORM!:lau Sorry, but I just couldn't....

(Can't wait to hear your experiences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Haha! That's exactly how I feel! But Starburst convinced me... and I am feeling daring!

Back
Top Bottom