GLW. 4 weeks. Hens or Roos?

Kcarp03

Chirping
May 17, 2016
NorthWest Arkansas - Fayetteville

Ok thank you, I was afraid of that! They've been the aggressive ones of the bunch. I will get better pic of the 2nd one, who happens to have come up missing his/her tail feathers last week. But they both have the bright colored comb area. The 3rd GLW doesn't have the bright colored comb area & is very sweet & the first one to jump up on me & hang out. I will have to rehome any cockerels, not ready for those right now, we're complete newbies with 12 baby chicks to figure out, ha

Last edited:
Ya, they are both boys. Nice lacing, where did you get them?
oh sorry, should have stated, 2 pics of same bird, just different angles, I was trying to get a good side pic and he kept moving around on me! We got all of ours(12) at our local Farmer's Co-Op in Fayetteville, AR. We have 4 diff breeds, 3 each. I will get a pic of my other one that I think is a roo & post. Also has the pronounced comb. Is it just the Comb that indicates Roo? I know I'd read that the early comb development isn't a 100% indication. I'm a total newbie, so I have no idea. haha Thank you!!

Also has the pronounced comb. Is it just the Comb that indicates Roo? I know I'd read that the early comb development isn't a 100% indication. I'm a total newbie, so I have no idea. haha Thank you!!
What you want to look for is not just the amount of comb, but the color too. Pullets won't get red like that pic until they are close to laying. If it was a big comb but pale at that age, it could be iffy. But if the comb is red like that at 5 weeks, even if it's not that big, it's almost definitely a boy.

Back
Top Bottom