GLW bully hen. Can she be trained?

rubysmom

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Oregon
We have 5 pullets in an urban coop. The coop is 8x6 and the run is 25x8 so I dont think space is the problem?We feed organic chick starter and our pullets are all 17 weeks old and have been together from day one.

Our GLW has decided to start bullying all the others, picking feathers off the brahmas feet, pecking heads and pulling and eating feathers of the bum of our Production Red. She also pushes the others off the roost at night until she finds the spot she wants. She is becoming a major pain.

Can this behavior be stopped once it starts and will my other chickens start acting out also? I hate to get rid of her because my daughter just loves her so much but I don't want my other birds to suffer or turn into bullies. The others are all super sweet. Could she possibly mellow out after she starts laying? I don't want to give up but I have already tried a few things like the blukote and no pick, squirting her with water when she pecks and it seems like its getting worse? Can they change ? Grateful for any advice...

Last edited:
I know, its just so sad
sad.png

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom