GMO Free Duck feed

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CedarRoadFarm, Mar 13, 2017.

1. CedarRoadFarm

CedarRoadFarm New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    Northern Indiana
    I am a new member and I do not have a lot of free time to go through all the post... I am looking for non GMO feed for my ducks or recipes to make my own feed. Please respond if you know of a place in Northern In, that is where I am located or would be willing to share recipes with me Thank you.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    @CedarRoadFarm have you look on line for feed stores in your area that may sell non GMO feed? I found a feed store about 25 miles one way from me and they sell it. The feed comes from Virginia and we're in NC. So there is a possibility someone around your area may sell.

Welcome to BYC.

3. CedarRoadFarm

CedarRoadFarm New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    Northern Indiana
    [​IMG]
    I am looking right now there has to be something out there. Thanks

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Chris at Joybilee Farm has published her recipe for non-GMO feed. I get mine from a place in Virginia that makes non-corn, non-soy, organic layer.

Here is the link to Joybilee. I did not look, but you could also probably get ahold of some poultry vitamins as well, to include in their nutrition program.

http://joybileefarm.com/gmo-free-animal-feed-for-your-homestead-critters/

1 person likes this.
  5. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

I found Cedar Crest Farm and Feed in Kirtland Hills, OH, right when I got my ducks and they just LOVE her non-GMO feed! She even gets duck feed now all the time so you don't have to add extra niacin. Super fresh feed that smells so good and such a nice lady too.

I'm not sure if she has the duck feed on her website but you can contact her about it. She can get pretty much whatever you need - starter, layer, etc. I can't say enough about her feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by