Goat fencing and gate pictures please!

Unfortunately I don't have goats, but I have heard that their enclosures have to be pretty much watertight to keep the buggers in.

If you don't get any good answers over here, pop over to Backyard Herds (sister site to BYC) where there are a lot of goat people that can help you.

We have a really low electric fence and they all go up to it but don’t want to touch it. The fence doesn’t even hurt it is just the surprise when I touch it It’s about three feet high but that’s because we jump them and 2.5 should be fine. We have 10 acres though. The fencing can be on the expensive size as well.

We have a really low electric fence and they all go up to it but don’t want to touch it. The fence doesn’t even hurt it is just the surprise when I touch it It’s about three feet high but that’s because we jump them and 2.5 should be fine. We have 10 acres though. The fencing can be on the expensive size as well.
here is a pic

Attachments

• 9FCB33CB-56E3-420C-AEAA-A3491ECD8A1B.jpeg
    9FCB33CB-56E3-420C-AEAA-A3491ECD8A1B.jpeg
    874.1 KB · Views: 10
We use various types of fencing depending on what, or where we are fencing. Cattle panels work well, or hog panels for goats without horns. We mostly use welded wire with a few strands of electric to keep goats off the fence. We also use some wood. Goats like to gnaw on them.

Goats are easy to confine if they are content, and a nightmare if they.

I have miniatures. Most of my fences are hog panels (4 foot) with 2 strands wire on top. I have some cattle panels (6 foot) but the squares allow baby goats to go through so I have to cover the bottoms. I have some chain link but the goats are very hard on it with their rubbing and scratching. I also have some areas with 6 foot diamond mesh which is wonderful but very expensive. I'll try to get some pix. My fences are up to 30 years old so I have seen what works and what doesn't.

My son picked up two Nigerian Dwarf goats a couple months ago. Jack and Jill. Jack was banded. These are intended to be pets. So far no trouble keeping them in their pen. I'll throw in some pics of the pen, the shelter, and the general set up. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Ma and Pa Kettle.jpg
    Ma and Pa Kettle.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Feeder.jpg
    Feeder.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Raised Bed.jpg
    Raised Bed.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 6
  • Gate.jpg
    Gate.jpg