Goat houses

Mini silky fainting goats are wonderful pets. We have 4 . Super easy to contain , never test fences. Ours are locked in a secure barn at night due to predators in our area. They are the sweetest creatures ive ever encountered. Plus the mini silkies are so beautiful!
Wow, your goats are beautiful! With goats like that, can you harvest their fur for fiber?

My miniature goats have a house made of 2-by-4's that is about 10 foot long. 3 foot wide and 3 foot high. The entire "roof" is hinged for easy clean out and has served well for more than a decade.

However, I also have two 110-gallon water trough "houses." One is turned upside down with a doorway cut into one side; the other is simply tipped on its side and has a piece of laminated plywood hung over half of the opening. Each will accommodate two goats comfortably.

I love miniature goats, but my most troublesome is Tessa, a beautiful blue-eyed Nigerian diva. She has outwitted me on fencing more times than I can count. The least troublesome in terms of escaping have been the fainter crosses who seemed to have no interest in the greener grass on the other side of the fences.

Wow, your goats are beautiful! With goats like that, can you harvest their fur for fiber?
Thier undercoat is cashmere and can be used for fiber tho there isnt that much of it. The top coat is more like our hair or a horses mane and isn't used. The casmere is a once a year thing. I don’t use it for making yarns but i do use it to stuff in grape vine balls that can be hung in trees for birds to use for nest materials.

Back
Top Bottom