Goat houses

Mogul Moonshine

Songster
Nov 6, 2020
So I really want to Nigerian dwarf goats I want it on for like four years I am planning on breeding one for milk and getting the babies away they’re in high demand here originally I was thinking a shed but those tend to cost a lot and I need something with a bottom built in so can you guys show me photos of your goat houses please

I do not own goats yet but I'm also looking to get NDs.
I'm looking at something like this
20210306_174912.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-104922_Pinterest.jpg

A cheaper option for just a simple shelter
20210306_174902.jpg

I've also seen a lot of people just but a shed from like home depot and turn it into a goat shelter.

Lots of options. I've been saving ideas from Pinterest.

I meant to share this before but I guess I forgot to hit post 🤣

We want to get goats too, not for breeding but just two or three wethers for pets and to help keep the blackberries from taking over our field. Realistically, this will not happen until next year at least, because we have too many other projects we need to finish first. Which is OK, because it gives us time to research how to care for goats.
We have the metal frame for a 10'x20' tarp carport, and we plan to use that by building a floor a couple feet off the ground using cement deck blocks and railroad ties (our property is by a river that floods every few years, so we want them to have a large indoor area they can escape to from their field) bolting the metal frame to that, and attaching a real roof. plus wooden fence panels around it for walls.
From what I've researched, the main things goats need for a safe and secure area is fencing they can't break or climb out of or dig under, and a warm, sheltered home that's away from wind and rain.

I would start with a shed. HUGE initial cost for sure, but leaves tons of options to build on. Used sheds can be more affordable, but you still have transport them. I recently got an 8x8 used shed for free, but it took three guys, two trucks with trailers, a skid steer, and 6 hours to transport it just 30 miles! A new shed can be financed and has the delivery cost built in to the price. We have the cold and snow to deal with, so a few pallets and tarps just won't work for me. I have a wall built on the inside of this with a "doggie door" cut in the wall for goats to get inside. the rest is used for feed storage. Making your goat barn functional for you, and comfortable for your goats, will start to pay off on day one.
20210316_142947.jpg

I use a large igloo doghouse and and an upside down 110 gallon water trough with a doorway cut in it for my Nigerian Dwarf Goats. I needed something reasonably portable as I rotate my goats over several areas.

We want to get goats too, not for breeding but just two or three wethers for pets and to help keep the blackberries from taking over our field. Realistically, this will not happen until next year at least, because we have too many other projects we need to finish first. Which is OK, because it gives us time to research how to care for goats.
We have the metal frame for a 10'x20' tarp carport, and we plan to use that by building a floor a couple feet off the ground using cement deck blocks and railroad ties (our property is by a river that floods every few years, so we want them to have a large indoor area they can escape to from their field) bolting the metal frame to that, and attaching a real roof. plus wooden fence panels around it for walls.
From what I've researched, the main things goats need for a safe and secure area is fencing they can't break or climb out of or dig under, and a warm, sheltered home that's away from wind and rain.
0A436705-82C0-424A-9405-8AAA32DD5259.jpeg
8DB08189-7E15-4336-A401-43903218FE2D.jpeg
Mini silky fainting goats are wonderful pets. We have 4 . Super easy to contain , never test fences. Ours are locked in a secure barn at night due to predators in our area. They are the sweetest creatures ive ever encountered. Plus the mini silkies are so beautiful!
5EDAF81A-2A31-428F-9F67-5991A9227365.jpeg
F5EA37C2-1D4F-43DA-BCA4-0FB436600A54.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom