Goat losing hair and itching around neck

One thing about BluKote is that it can't hurt the animal. The worst it can do is make the area purple. If it is a fungus infection, you should see a rapid improvement. If you treat the animal for say, five days, and it isn't better, most likely it is not a fungus and you need to look for something else. One of my bucks that was out in pasture and not observed regularly came in nearly bald. I sprayed him generously with BluKote. He looked really funny there for a while. I mean it isn't every day you see a purple buck. He cleared up very promptly and grew in a nice new coat of hair. I am just very sorry I didn't take a picture of him when he was all purple. He was truly a sight to behold.
Oh wow that’s wild. Hm so you don’t have any pictures of the baldness ? My goat grew bald fairly quickly within days a small patch was all around neck I wonder if it could be. I just need to watch carefully everyday and if any new balding comes up while doing this shampoo I’m just going to get that spray then

Back
Top Bottom