Goat Milk Lotion- How to- Recipes and Tips

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Jenlyn9483, May 2, 2009.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hi everyone, so I'm getting good at goat milk soap and I really want to make Goat milk lotion. I'm getting plenty of milk from my two does now. I read online how easy it is to make lotion. I would love here from you guys that do it what your favorite recipes and tips are.

2. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    I don't make lotions from milk. You have to get the milk hot enough and it ends up pasteurized. Then you end up with milk that starts rotting.

I've seen recipes that use 100% milk as the liquid, but I've heard it's best not to use more than 10% milk as part of your liquid.

I have a number of lotion recipes on my [http://www.mullerslanefarm.com/lotionmaking]website[/url], but the recipe I use most now is:

8% each Sweet Almond Oil & Fractionated Coconut Oil
    3% stearic acid
    4% E-wax NF

72% water
    5% glycerin

To that:
    .5% total weight Dimethicone
    1% IPM
    recommended amount of preservative (I use Liquid Germall Plus)

3. PeaPeeps Goats

PeaPeeps Goats Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2012
    Calvert County, MD
    If you add steric acid to the milk and blend well it will combine into lotion without separating. I heat my oils and cool them to 100degrees before adding the milk mixture.

4. YeOldeBarn6

YeOldeBarn6 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2011
    Ramona, CA
    Posting so that I can find this later. I too am interested in making goats milk lotion.

5. kat e wampus

kat e wampus Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2012
    i've been making GM lotion for years and it is one of my best sellers. :) my rule of thumb is roughly 30% oils/butters, 40% distilled water and 30% GM. be sure to use appropriate preservatives. my recipe has been successfully challenge tested using phenonip. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by