Goat milk question

RooksMom

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
Harvey county Kansas
Ok, so I know this is probably a stupid question, and I will begin by saying that I have not mixed this in with anything yet, I have simply strained it, put it in its own container, and put it in the back of the fridge.

So, I have goats, and I was bringing in the milk today when the water I used to wash their teets sloshed and a small amount (maybe 1/4 - 1/3 cup splashed into one of the bowls of milk. I use about five drops of baby shampoo, just barely enough to make the water suds, and two quarts of warm water for the wash.

Do I have to throw the milk away? will the tiny amount of soap in the water hurt it?

I don't believe it will hurt it, but it may taste a bit off. Perhaps try some and see how it tastes? If it tastes soapy, just throw it away and start fresh tomorrow :)

That small amount of soap won't hurt anything. If it were me, I'd taste the milk. If it tastes OK use it. It won't hurt you.

I did taste it this morning, it tasted like yummy milk, so while I am not giving any of this one to the baby (luckily goats give more milk then we all will drink) I am using it in my coffee and on my cereal. So far it has tasted just like all the rest of it and hasn't seemed to bother me any at all.

Back
Top Bottom