Goat miscarriage HELP

Daniel20

In the Brooder
May 4, 2021
My goat birthed 2 dead kids and she looked like she was struggling. But she got them out. It’s next day and she has this sack hanging out. I was wondering if any of you know if this is okay? Thank you guys for your time

Attachments

• 19D70A4B-2FB1-4B60-B3FA-6F085CC8C5D0.jpeg
    19D70A4B-2FB1-4B60-B3FA-6F085CC8C5D0.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 60
My goat birthed 2 dead kids and she looked like she was struggling. But she got them out. It’s next day and she has this sack hanging out. I was wondering if any of you know if this is okay? Thank you guys for your time
Looks to be afterbirth. Are you sure there isn't another kid stuck; watch for signs of labor/pushing. Should this be the case you need to take her to a vet ASAP.

Looks to be afterbirth. Are you sure there isn't another kid stuck; watch for signs of labor/pushing. Should this be the case you need to take her to a vet ASAP.
Shes been walking around a lot. I’m going to keep an eye on her to see if she is trying to push, but it’s been about 10 hours since she gave birth to her 2nd kid

Shes been walking around a lot. I’m going to keep an eye on her to see if she is trying to push, but it’s been about 10 hours since she gave birth to her 2nd kid
If it is just afterbirth/placental material, she will push this out, but I am wondering why it has not been pushed out before this. As the doe weakens the labor will become less. Ten hours-consider a vet now.

We got our first goats last spring. Both does are pregnant; I think. Because of my inexperience with goats I may be overcautious, but think not.

Sorry for the late reply guys, just got home from the vet. She did have another kid inside of her. The vet took it out and gave her an antibiotic. She should be fine now but I have to check if she has a fever

Thank you guys for everything
Glad to hear that you saved the doe. Did the vet say what went wrong?

Back
Top Bottom