1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

goat question

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Sunshine Chick 1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Sunshine Chick 1

Sunshine Chick 1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Longwood, Florida
    We just got two goats. A momma about 1.5 years old and her son who is 5 months old. the father was a LaManche, but we are not sure what the mother is. She is small and the son has the mother's coloring, but he has the LaManche ears. I am wanting to find more info on goats, and was wondering if anyone knew of a goat forum like this chicken one that I can join. I have learnt alot about our chicks on the chicken forum and want to educate myself on goats also. Thanks

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Well, you can post here (lots of goatie people here) or go visit:

www.goattalk.com

Congrats on your new purchases! I hope the son is wethered so he doesn't breed his mother...

Pics?[​IMG]

3. Sunshine Chick 1

Sunshine Chick 1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Longwood, Florida
    Thank you very much.. I will check it out. I don't know how to put pictures on here. I am a dumb blonde when it comes to computors and usually have to have help from my adult children. [​IMG] Thanks for the info. I will surely check it out. Have a great day.

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by