Goat Question

I love my goats too!
We have always had them, and there has been many bucks that I loved too!
But I did kind of learn the hard way that loving and playing with them to much doesn't end very well.
If he does start to get nasty, a smooth stick whacked across the side of his nose works wonders!
I don't like doing it, but if that makes the difference between being able to keep him, or having to get rid of him, I think its worth it.
Afterwards, just moving toward him with a stick makes him forget about butting me.
(And yes, I am thinking of you, Balen!)
I really really appreciate this food for thought! I guess I should just see what he’s like when he comes home and gauge if he needs more handling or not. Everyone on here has been so kind, thank you all for the advice, I want to do the right thing ❤️

I really really appreciate this food for thought! I guess I should just see what he’s like when he comes home and gauge if he needs more handling or not. Everyone on here has been so kind, thank you all for the advice, I want to do the right thing ❤️
I would love to see a photo of him, once you have him!
And that sounds like a very good plan.

I would love to see a photo of him, once you have him!
And that sounds like a very good plan.
He’s coming home April 11 but I do have this photo of him!

Attachments

• B6BA2F32-CA9F-4FBF-BFFD-E2D86B5F99EB.jpeg
    B6BA2F32-CA9F-4FBF-BFFD-E2D86B5F99EB.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 4
My goodness he's adorable!
I just wanted add my experience with my little Pygmy buck. He was rehome to us at a young age (can't remember how old) and we later realised we knew his breeder. I dont remember if he was bottle raised but he was friendly. Such a puppy dog! He would cuddle with me and I taught him some tricks. Now that he's a mature breeding buck, he has no respect for me and never listens. He'll shove and push me whenever he gets the chance. I love him, but he's a real pain sometimes!

My goodness he's adorable!
I just wanted add my experience with my little Pygmy buck. He was rehome to us at a young age (can't remember how old) and we later realised we knew his breeder. I dont remember if he was bottle raised but he was friendly. Such a puppy dog! He would cuddle with me and I taught him some tricks. Now that he's a mature breeding buck, he has no respect for me and never listens. He'll shove and push me whenever he gets the chance. I love him, but he's a real pain sometimes!
Awww! It’s sad he turned out to be such a butt! That’s what I’m afraid of! I guess I need to carry a spray bottle or stick if mine gets that way 😅❤️

Hello,

I am going to be taking home an 8 week old buck from a breeder soon and I was wondering if it would be okay to bottle feed him goat milk supplement to help encourage bonding even if he was been weened off his mothers milk?

If this is not a good idea can you help me understand why? I don’t want to hurt him but I read bottle feeding creates a really good bond with your goats and wanted to maybe feed him once a day to get that interaction and time together. And since he is so young I thought it might be beneficial to do for a couple more weeks anyways.

Any help is appreciated!
There is no reason you can't bottle feed this kid but from your post I get the impression that he has been nursing off his mother. If that is the case, your chances of getting him to take a bottle are slim and none. Also, will he be your only goat? If so, you really should get another. A single goat is a very bad idea. Many animals can get along by themselves. Goats are not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom