goats or sheep?

6chickens in St. Charles

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
St. Charles, IL
Does anybody know of sheep or goat or pony "mowing" businesses for in-city lots?

My husband keeps joking "we need a llama or a goat to mow there" because we have property 100ft long which is a hill that's become too dangerously steep to mow. We fall, and the mowing companies do it once then never come back.

Any suggestions? Farm animals (except for birds and fish) are forbidden in our St Charles Illinois city. But maybe if we could get somebody to park their animals in our yard once a week for hire, just to mow there.......

Sheep will mow a lot better than goats will and they are easier to keep in. Sheep prefer grass. Goats prefer brush. Now that won't help the legalities...

Years ago we had a friend who would borrow a pony from us for the purpose you mention. The pony would get the grass down and be gone before the authorities ever knew he was ever there.

certain kinds of ponys are more agile then others. when I was young my sisters and I had a pony that was bred from rocky mt horses, he was just a little too short to have papers. most sturdy sure footed little guy on the planet. was also a great ridding and driving pony and extreamly well behaved. lovely chocolate brown color with a blond mane and tail.

http://www.rmhorse.com/index.php

my 3 one month old geese do a smashing job of mowing, but they are pooping machines!.... the lambs and goat, well I think they are lazy! lol My Simon had to mow their pasture yesterday, or we are over feeding them!

Back
Top Bottom