Goats

Indianfeathers

Songster
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
I need a little help!

I went and got a 3 month old Angora doe and then a week later I picked up a 2 week old Nubian doe. The Angora seems put out with the younger one and keeps butting the young one. I put the younger one in a kennel to keep her safe for injury for now, but it seems unfair that she is unablr to strtch her legs often. Does anyone have any ideas to creat a bond between tese two?

You may just have to sit back and let them sort it out. The younger one will figure out to keep her distance until they can both get along. Baby goats are tough and it is unlikely that the younger one will be seriously injured.

They're establishing the pecking order. They have to sort it out. They'll never get along without figuring out who is top goat. Some are a bit more rough than others, but unlikely that serious damage will be done. Once they're good they won't act so harsh. Though a two week old is a lot tinier than a three month old :/

For now I have been keeping the younger one in a kennel until I go out to give her a bottle and supervise social time and then I put her back in the kennel, so that i can get stuff done. For the two week old - at what age should I not worry any more 1 month or 2 months.

the 3 mo. Angora has 2-3 inch horns and the 2 week old horns are just budding.

Give socialized time when you're there to keep an eye on things. Observe them together. You'll know when it's a good time to put them together permanently from observing. The youngest one should start reacting to the headbutt attempts by attempting some of their own. Until the younger one starts standing up for itself I would keep them separated. I lost a kid to a headbutt to the side so I may be a little more cautious than most.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom