GoatWalker Update

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Anyone who has been following the updates on GoatWalker (used to be on here tons, now she is off in Marine boot camp), check here often. Here is what news I got today:

She is a BEAST with the pugle sticks (looks like giant Q-tips that they use in combat training). She knocked another girl out with one recently!

She is squad leader, corporal of the guard, and "tail-light" for hikes.

Has to use her time with 60 other girls.

Will keep posted if I hear much more. She's really in the zone currently so we're hoping she comes back for 10 days then hops right back into it instead of taking 30 day leave to be a recruiter's assistant. She'll go back to Parris Island for another month for combat training.

P.S. Her momma Muscovy had a couple of hatchlings right before she left and the chocolate one was her favorite. Her mom appropriately named this baby "Oscar" because she is in the OSCAR company.

[​IMG]

2. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Very cool update - thanks for sharing the story. Love the part about Oscar- not surprised about her being a squad leader.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Thank you so much for these updates. Make sure she knows that she is missed and GREATLY appreciated for serving our country.

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Thanks, keep us posted!

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Thank you for the update. [​IMG]

Sounds like she's doing great! Her can-do attitude will take her far!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by