Going in Lock down tomorrow Couple questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by indigo flats, Feb 21, 2017.

1. indigo flats

indigo flats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    OK lock down is tomorrow so am I correct bring humidity up to 70% and keep it there to all eggs are hatched and pull unhatched eggs after 25 days? I will have no problem keeping humidity up I can place water through vent holes, I do not need to open the incubator I can monitor ambient air temperature through digital read out. Am I suppose to bring the temperature down to 98.5? I have read statement that says yes and statements that say no. All input is welcome.

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

100 for the temp if it goes down or 95 .5...... Entire hatch........
    65%is fine for Humidity........I just had a 100 % hatch rate......

Best of luck.......I'm not expert although I had great help.....

Cheers!

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Yes. 70% is fine. If you are hands off 65% is fine. I am hands on so I run 70-75% from lockdown to hatch. It is not neccessary to lower the temp during hatching, though some people bring it down a degree or two. Oh and your humidity will start to spike once the chicks actually start to happen. It's perfectly normal and nothing to freak about. If you start seeing condensation I would at least crack the top and let a little humidity out though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by