Going on a short vacation, what to do?

engelberry

Hatching
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
I've got 4 2-month old chicks who have made the transition to the coop as well as the tractor with no problem. Now we're going on vacation for 3 nites, will they be okay with ample food and water? The coop has a high small door, only accessible through the ladder (the steps are pretty well placed apart), it is fully enclosed around and over it as well. Will they be okay, food and water-wise?

I wouldn't think so. I just had to go away for three nights for a training for work and had someone come over once a day to feed/water/check on everybody. I have 6 5-week old chickens out in the coop. They usually finish their water every 24 hrs or so... maybe it would depend on the size of your waterer and feeder... lol

We have left our chickens for 2 nights, with 2 full waterers and 2 full feeders. Anything longer and you really should have someone come over and give fresh water and food and remove any eggs laid.

We went to Philly for 3 days last August and I had my sister come in and give them water and check on the food after she got out of work...
I had one Standard Leghorn, and one Bantam Silkie/Cochin mix.

Back
Top Bottom