Going on Vacation - What to do With Chickens?

Any links would be amazing. Thank you so much.

A follow up on this one.

A sure guaranteed fit but will have to use a 3/4”Heavy Duty Brass Shut Off Ball Valve or just a hose. Not a big deal.
I am working on a package and deal with an Amazon seller to get a bulk purchase of the hose adapters. However, while I was Home Depot I spotted this little gem.

$14.43 3/4 in. Brass Male Hose Bibb (although it does not say it in the product description it does have 1/2" inner threads)

ScreenHunter 0384 2023-08-15 04.46.jpg
016 Spigot 3 Qrt Inch NPT x Half Inch NPT.jpg

Same as above but cheaper.

$12.91 3/4" MIP or 1/2" FIP x 3/4 in. MHT Forged Brass Quarter Turn Hose Bibb Valve

Other from amazon but they have not gotten back to me yet to verify inner threads.

$12.89 Valve 68563 Hose Bib, Sillcock Pipe with Quarter Turn Handle, Lead-Free; Ball Valve Faucet for Outdoor Gardening, Potable Water Supply, 3/4 in. MIP/FIP Inlet x 3/4 in. MHT Outlet, Cast Brass

$11.99 Brass Ball Similar to Arrowhead Brass [79-212] 3/4" Male NPT inlet with 3/4 water hose outlet

Now You may have seen me mention valves.
but will have to use a 3/4”Heavy Duty Brass Shut Off Ball Valve or just a hose. Not a big deal.
But why on a vent. Well the vent doesn't have to be just a vent. I use it for recirculation of the water when adding vinegar or Food Grade Propylene Glycol Antifreeze. Using a pump you pull the water out from the outlet chicken side and you push it back up through the vent.

However what you will use more is that by closing the vent, you can slowly build pressure in the drum, and when there is enough pressure, you will open the outlet chicken side, and flush out any sediment that is in the bottom 2" pvc pipe. I was going to show that in the full instructions but have not finished yet.

In this picture it shows the pipes that lead to the upper hose and the chicken nippes go up THEN back down. This is so any sediment or debris has a chance to settle down in the 2" pipe and not clog up the nipples.

20170820_153306.jpg

These and more pix in the same link I gave before.

016 Spigot 3 Qrt Inch NPT x Half Inch NPT.jpg
020 Insert Spigot into Buttress Bung.jpg

If not interested please let me know And I will stop. You might actually be on vacation already.

A follow up on this one.

I am working on a package and deal with an Amazon seller to get a bulk purchase of the hose adapters. However, while I was Home Depot I spotted this little gem.

$14.43 3/4 in. Brass Male Hose Bibb (although it does not say it in the product description it does have 1/2" inner threads)

View attachment 3609647 View attachment 3609648

Same as above but cheaper.

$12.91 3/4" MIP or 1/2" FIP x 3/4 in. MHT Forged Brass Quarter Turn Hose Bibb Valve

Other from amazon but they have not gotten back to me yet to verify inner threads.

$12.89 Valve 68563 Hose Bib, Sillcock Pipe with Quarter Turn Handle, Lead-Free; Ball Valve Faucet for Outdoor Gardening, Potable Water Supply, 3/4 in. MIP/FIP Inlet x 3/4 in. MHT Outlet, Cast Brass

$11.99 Brass Ball Similar to Arrowhead Brass [79-212] 3/4" Male NPT inlet with 3/4 water hose outlet

Now You may have seen me mention valves.

But why on a vent. Well the vent doesn't have to be just a vent. I use it for recirculation of the water when adding vinegar or Food Grade Propylene Glycol Antifreeze. Using a pump you pull the water out from the outlet chicken side and you push it back up through the vent.

However what you will use more is that by closing the vent, you can slowly build pressure in the drum, and when there is enough pressure, you will open the outlet chicken side, and flush out any sediment that is in the bottom 2" pvc pipe. I was going to show that in the full instructions but have not finished yet.

In this picture it shows the pipes that lead to the upper hose and the chicken nippes go up THEN back down. This is so any sediment or debris has a chance to settle down in the 2" pipe and not clog up the nipples.

View attachment 3609653

These and more pix in the same link I gave before.

View attachment 3609654 View attachment 3609655

If not interested please let me know And I will stop. You might actually be on vacation already.
Thank you for all the information! I've been back from vacation for a few days now, but thank you anyways. 😊

Back
Top Bottom