Going to create a Virtual Poultry Game

Mountain Moon Aviary

Hatching
9 Years
May 25, 2010
Fort Worth
I am making my own poultry game, along with the help of a professional graphics artist and two of my family's amazing computer nerd friends
big_smile.png

We are going to see if we can team up with the incubator companies for marketing and make virtual incubators modeled after theirs that players can buy at the virtual farm store. I have a list of the basic incubation process I will include in the game.

Random points I will include:

-Randomized broody hen events
-Drag and drop eggs into cartons and incubator
-Ability to label eggs for hatching, eating or selling
-Incubator variables (time, temperature, hatch etc)
-Legbands
-Different markings so none of them look the same (ie not enough speckling, too much speckling for Speckled Sussex)

I have already drawn out three pages for the incubation part of the game, now I am working on the brooding, diseases, breeding and possibly training/showing poultry.

There will not be just chickens. We will have quail, ducks, geese, pheasants, turkeys and peacocks too.

What particular things would you guys like to see in this game? Any suggestions will be taken into consideration!

List of suggestions:
-None

No project is too big for me
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Sounds great! Would it be possible to have "genetics"? I have an account on a chicken breeding game which actually lets you breed for color! It's probably very complex to code but it sure is cool.

Good luck with your project!

Would we be able to build better chicken coops or buy bigger, better ones? How 'bout predators? Different feeds? free range or coops or both?
tongue.png
I ask a lot of questions, I know. I have a lot more but most of the questions will be answered by the game.
roll.png
Can't wait till it's done!

Last edited:
I will be listing alot of things I would like to see on your poultry game. If that is oK. I raise laying hens and seasonal meat birds with my grandmother since 2007 so I have some insight on larger scale chicken raising(200 hens and about 500 meat birds are seen every year by our family and our egg/meat chicken customers).

Just some things you might want to add

~pedigree so you can look back through the chicken's genetic background
~refrigerator to store eating eggs
~grow pens( like the PVC ones, I have built 2 from used well pipe for under $10).
~brooders
~spiral legbands AND numbered legbands
~randomized molting events
~breeding pens
~choose your 'ranch' location

Those are just a few things I have experience with. If you need my help, just PM me and I will be able to give you any help you need. Also, you could PM me and we could talk in chat.

Hope this game turns out GREAT!!

Cody

Here are some ideas...
1) Name chickens (not required)
2) Being able to sell chickens
3) Genetics for skill
4) training (tricks, speed, tame)
5) Belgian d'Uccle booted bantam (mille fleur color; brown!)
6) Competitions (races, showing, tricks)
7) kind of chickens (for laying, show, and meat)
8) being able to crossbreed for hybrids
9) Something to show that a chicken is purebred (a star or something similar)
10) chicken waterer (can buy)

Here are some ideas...
1) Name chickens (not required)
2) Being able to sell chickens
3) Genetics for skill
4) training (tricks, speed, tame)
5) Belgian d'Uccle booted bantam (mille fleur color; brown!)
6) Competitions (races, showing, tricks)
7) kind of chickens (for laying, show, and meat)
8) being able to crossbreed for hybrids
9) Something to show that a chicken is purebred (a star or something similar)
10) chicken waterer (can buy)
You do realize this is from 2010 right?

Don't forget Silver Appleyard ducks!

Perhaps you might:
-Broody boxes (for those of us who distaste incubation)
-Don't forget Rooster's crows! In real life they are always different, so maybe you should try to randomize that, too.
-Genetic Spontaneaty - Maybe have genetic mutations occur in even purebred lines (i.e. in a line of duckwings, you could have a partridge pop out or something like that) If you can make this very occasional (not often) that would be good.
-Inheretiance. You said you'd make every chicken identifiably unique. Well, how about letting those traits be inheritable...

i.e. a Speckled Sussex with to much speckling will have offspring with at least as much speckling, etc.

I can't wait! You don't know how hard it is not having a chicken game to play in the dark, non-chicken days of winter!

Back
Top Bottom