going to have to start a new with chickens :(

nicokl502

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Kansas City Mo
so about 5 days ago the people next door came over with there dumb dog that i hate he is too fat, mean and they never let him outside and when they does go out , he ends up killing poor animals outside ( birds, bunny's snakes etc...) well i told them to keep good eye on him and make sure he doesn't go down the hill where my chickens live and they said they would, well tow min later the dog down the hill in my chickens run and has killed 4 out of my 6 chickens all the ones i love!!!
hit.gif
now the 3 i have are not doing well they are missing the other so i am have found them a new home with a friend!!!
sad.png
. i am just so mad at these people they are being so rude
somad.gif
if one of my dogs ever did that to anyone i would be so upset at my dog and be crying saying i am sorry and asking them how much i own them!!! they just acted like it was no big deal and didn't even get mad at there dog they did say sorry but it wasn't a true sorry let just say i am not going to be as nice as i was to them and they can never come over again!! so now i am going to rebuild my chickens run and make it where no dog can get in and make it save for them!! it just sucks that this had to happen
barnie.gif
now i am getting some new chicks on the 12th of the next month
jumpy.gif
, i know it is late in the seasons but my last one i got in the fall and they did get !!

That is unacceptable. What the H E double hockey stick is wrong with people? Its bad enough when its your own dog, but when Its the neighbors dog, and they know it and they don't care... Man...

Is it something in the air? There have been a lot of chickens getting killed by neighbor dogs this week...

AAAAARRRRGH!!!
somad.gif
rant.gif
I know just how you feel!! I have crappy neighbors like that who didn't care when their dog killed my chicken, too. Needless to say, after numerous complaints from myself and all my other ( awesome! ) neighbors, that dog will never be a problem again.
wink.png

If I were you I would call animal control and file a complaint. They should be held accountable, and atleast do something about their horrible dog. If they don't, would you be willing to take matters into your own hands? ( Either take him to the pound, or the SSS method ).

My neighbors finally recieved so many complaints and threats, they actually shot their own dog. Can you believe that??? But atleast they finally (after many, many months) did something.

I am deeply sorry for your terrible loss, and I hope you don't give up on chickens. Let us know how things turn out.
hugs.gif

thanks everyone i will never give up on chickens i loved own them they brought so much joy into to my life !! i can't wait for my new chickens to come on the 12th!!!i just need to make there home dog proof before i put them out in there coop, i would love to send them a bill lol but i don't think they would like that!! they are nice people i though but it seem that we are always giving and they are always taking!!! i haven't said an thing to them in 5 days but that it's hard because they are never outside as well as there dog!!! i don't know when that dog goes out to pee because i never see him, we are outside a lot on days that aren't to hot and he never out!! so i don't think i will have to worry to much longer about that dog is is a winer dog and is way over weight he has a hard time running because he belly get in the way it funny to see lol but i guess when we wants to he can run fast. i know if any of my dogs did that they would have to go i was told once a dog does that you have a big problem on your hands but i am not much of a dog person, i am just never having them over because they think they have to bring there dog with them and then they don't keep a eye on him it is just rude that i can say!!!!

I would call the law and animal control. Get a report made. It will happen again as long as they do not take responsibility. A determined dog can dig, tear, break in to some of the most fortified pens/coops.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom