Going to try English with my stallion.

I think he looks very nice under English!

OT- I spent a few summers down in Alva and we loved to sneak off into the "big city" and go to Labelle! There was an awesome little Italian Resturant we always went to.

I LOVED my treeless saddle and it worked great on the Arabs. I was riding it on this horse and he did well in it.

The only issue I had with the treeless and many other saddles is the way my right leg lays (bad knee) I was getting bruising just above the knee on the inside of the thigh (from the girth attachment to the saddle).

I got to ride in a Fallis balanced ride saddle with bulkless rigging and fell in love with it. So I sold my treeless in order to get a Fallis (very pricy even for used). So I am saving my pennies and in the meantime giving English a try.

I do have room to drop my heels at the current length, just need to work at it. There is no way I can ride any shorter because of my knee. I will post pictures after I get some practise in and get my heels down. It has been 20 years since I rode English so I have to find my balance again.

Thanks for the treeless information. I have a similar knee problem and know just what you mean. I have a barn full of saddles that I love but have a couple of mutton withered young ones that I think might do better in a treeless. Right now I have been riding them in a Soft Saddle, that I can honestly say I love. Never thought I would ride in anything but leather.

Beautiful stallion.

Your bay Arab stallion looks alot like Witraz and Ofir from the old photos I used to remember reading back in the early 80's when I was into Arabians. He sure got alot of *Bask breeding in his background! He reminded me somewhat like Jeanne Atherton's bay stallion she had except his disposition was somewhat soured (most likely from hours in stall day in and day out).

Just remembered. The stallion I remembered now was Arrest. Beautiful bay stallion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom