Gold laced wyandotte?

Kaford

Songster
Nov 22, 2021
Purchased from tractor supply as a gold laced wyandotte pullet but I'm not so sure anymore. Can anyone help me on if actually a pullet and if a wyandotte? Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 20220519_134441.jpg
    20220519_134441.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220519_134438.jpg
    20220519_134438.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 20
Easter Egger cockerel!
Thank you! I had a strange feeling it wasn't a pullet.. and then as time went on it started to get the funny little cheek tufts.. here is my next question.. I already have a rooster hes about a little over a year old had gotten 15 chicks with the hopes they were all pullets.. if there are too roos.. how much problems will that cause?

Thank you! I had a strange feeling it wasn't a pullet.. and then as time went on it started to get the funny little cheek tufts.. here is my next question.. I already have a rooster hes about a little over a year old had gotten 15 chicks with the hopes they were all pullets.. if there are too roos.. how much problems will that cause?
You should probably be fine. How many hens total? :)

Depends on the roosters. Some coexist fine while others not so much. Birds with game blood in them would fall into the latter category. And I have had a few OEGB roosters that did not behave nicely with other roosters.

I am going to assume that there may be one other cockerel in the bunch but I am not too good at guessing when they're this young. But I'm thinking maybe 15ish hens total
You might have to play by ear. That's a bit of a small number so definitely keep an eye out for overmating! Usually 8-10 hens per rooster is a pretty decent ratio!

Depends on the roosters. Some coexist fine while others not so much. Birds with game blood in them would fall into the latter category. And I have had a few OEGB roosters that did not behave nicely with other roosters.
Ok. Thank you. I had 3 starting chickens 2 hens and a rooster.. I generally like my rooster he seems pretty chill and he's been de eny with me and the kids so far so I don't want to do anything to upset the flow lol. However this little guy is really pretty. I love rooster coloring

Ok. Thank you. I had 3 starting chickens 2 hens and a rooster.. I generally like my rooster he seems pretty chill and he's been de eny with me and the kids so far so I don't want to do anything to upset the flow lol. However this little guy is really pretty. I love rooster coloring
I like roosters too and presently have 12 along with 49 hens.

Back
Top Bottom